There isn’t much to update.
* He is still in a “coma”. He hasn’t really moved at all. Still a little movement in his left hand.
* He still has some urine output. It is weirdly crystallizing in the tubing. I need to google that.
* His oxygen today was 81 and his pulse is still in the 120 range. We haven’t taken his blood pressure for a while now because the nurses don’t want to squeeze his arm and agitate him.
* We are vigilant with his meds, doing them every 2 hours. His breathing seems better since we have been doing that. The morphine really helps his breathing. All day it has been shallow and very quiet. In the last hour it has gotten much more wet and heavy sounding.
* They gave us some eye drops that you use to dry up secretions. You put a few drops in his mouth and it actually works. When I first read the box I thought they had given him the wrong prescription. I even googled it and it said nothing about using eye drops for this reason. The nurse said to google it with the word hospice after it. Then a ton of information popped up. Weird.
* He has had a fever all day. The hospice nurse came over and gave him a suppository fever reducer and that has seemed to help. They gave him another sponge bath. He was a little agitated after that.
* I’m still so amazed at my parent’s church and neighbors. We have had so much food brought in and so many visitors. I hope they keep coming over after this is all over with. I can’t even begin to imagine how it is going to feel for her to be in an empty house alone.
* I got about 8 hours of sleep last night. My sister kept the night watch. We are having a hard time remembering what day it is and what happened when. It is all blurring together.
* We talk to him all the time. I don’t know if he can hear us, but we still talk to him and sit and hold his hand. I hope he can hear us and know we are with him and he isn’t alone. It is hard to listen to my mom in the other room talking to him and telling him how much she loves him and crying.
* I don’t know how much longer we really all can do this.